The beginning of the month started in California with my birthday and the closest of friends and family. It was glorious. It was two weeks in true Seinfeld style - a whole lot of nothing that was truly entertaining. Sitting by the pool, shopping, eating, visiting and great chats. The days were long but the trip sped by.
The highlights eating wise:
- I'm in love with Tommy Bahamas restaurant in El Paseo, Palm Desert. (The clothes are naff) The food is wonderful, the service friendly, the restaurant is light and airy. The cocktails, even mocktails, are delicious. I'm in love with the fish tacos with mango salsa. Even more delish is the ahi poke. I could eat poke every day and I pretty much did. I think I went three times in two weeks.
|Lots of dinners out!|
- LuLu's in Palm Springs had the best margaritas and mojitos. Fun place. Tasty food too.
- Adobe in La Quinta was pretty much the best mexican food we had. Tableside guac! Their whitefish ceviche was amazing and I was introduced to a side of grilled corn called elote that I'm dying to do at home.
- So much other fun food and good times...the taco stand near the Desert Hills outlets, In and Out burger, the Palm for breakfast, Yardhouse, huge grocery trips to Costco - so cheap!
- Beauty shopping is soooo good. On the first day, Ulta, Sephora and Rite-Aid were already covered off. If you can't find what you want among these three, something's wrong.
- Outlet shopping is fantastic. I got bargains like a Diane von Fursternberg $400 dress for $180. Kate Spade purses for less than $50.
|DvF dress I got.|
- When in LA I had to go to Marc Jacobs. I wanted to get new mouse shoes to replace my old falling-apart mousies. Anything else would be a bonus. I cam away with some of the fun cheap jewelry, a new pair of studded pink metallic mousies and a fun stripey dress.
|MJ stripey dress|
|My new mousies|
- Sitting around the pool at night in 30 degree heat
- Side trip to LA for a Dodgers game
- Loads of laughs with awesome people